Code School for Pardot Admins Course
Learn core coding concepts in our 6-week interactive course. If you know Pardot and want to add HTML & CSS fundamentals to your toolbox… this is designed for you.
About this Pardot Course
Code literacy is one of the skillsets that separates the good from the great in marketing operations.
Sercante’s Code School for Pardot Admins will empower you to add pizzazz to your emails that goes beyond Pardot’s out-of-the-box templates. This 6-week course is built specifically to give you the skills to create the perfect emails in Pardot.
Whether you’re pretty new to HTML & CSS or self-taught and looking to level up, we’ve got you covered.
What you need to know
6-Week Online Course Starts September 3rd
Course cost: $2400 per participant
Virtual participation format. Join from anywhere with wifi and equipment that supports live-stream video through Zoom.
2.5 hour lecture at 1 pm ET / 5 pm GMT on Thursdays starting September 3rd.
2 hour weekly office hours at 1 pm ET / 5pm GMT on Tuesdays to troubleshoot challenges you encounter along the way
Topical sessions broken out over 6 weeks with concepts you will apply to your work right away.
Weekly assignments to test your knowledge. Be ready to dedicate at least 4 hours of independent study (on top of lecture and office hour time) per week.
Interactive, discussion style format
Some familiarity with HTML and CSS (as in, you’ve seen it before — no need to be an expert!)
Good understanding of Pardot and a login to access the system during class
A modern web browser
A working camera and mic to participate through Zoom video chat
Willingness to learn and participate
Motivation to challenge oneself through class engagement and weekly take-home assignment
What you’ll learn
- Housekeeping items
- What type of applications do we need to write code
- HTML building blocks
- Standard HTML set up for emails
Email layout patterns
- Starting with design
- Thinking in modules
- Commonly use HTML tags for layout
- Fluid vs fixed design
Email layout pattern review
Adding content to layouts
- Semantic markup
- Images, headlines, paragraphs, lists, hypherlinks, buttons
- Content positioning & text alignment
Structure vs Presentation
- HTML attribute or CSS property
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Anatomy of a CSS rule set
- CSS placement (external, internal/embedded, and inline styles)
- CSS cascade – which style gets the final say
- What are they for
- When to customize
- CSS media query – what is it used for
- Mobile first design vs desktop first build
- Fluid design vs rigid design (reinforced)
- Column stacking vs scaling
- 2 column design
Responsive Layouts Review
- Infinite column designs
- Designs without tables
HTML / CSS review
- Soft error & acceptable fallback
- Troubleshooting email applications
- Placeholder content vs actual
- Testing service vs live test
Pardot regions & Pardot region types
Pardot variable tag
- Pardot Merge Language
- Handlebar Merge Language
- Verifying correct region types
- Changing content with Pardot’s WYSIWYG
- Send test emails
Final project review
- Background images
- Progressive enhancements
- Email inspiration & community groups
Ready to start coding?